Dr. Thompson atop one of Gundersen’s wind turbines.
Gundersen Health System is taking center stage to promote its success in weaving sustainable practices into healthcare, to benefit patients and the community and reduce costs.
In a live webinar Jan. 27 at 1 p.m. Jeff Thompson, MD, executive advisor and CEO emeritus, shares best practices for leadership in sustainability programming and challenges attendees to integrate environmental improvement initiatives into traditional patient care and healthcare practices.
Practice Greenhealth is the nation’s leading membership and networking organization for institutions in the healthcare community that have made a commitment to sustainable, eco-friendly practices.
During this event, attendees will:
- Understand why leadership is critical for sustainability initiatives to reach their full potential and maximize return.
- Explore leadership’s role in sustainability programming.
- Learn about Practice Greenhealth, Health Care without Harm and the community of organizations that come together to share best practices.
- Recognize that sustainability staffing pays for itself through cost savings associated with environmental improvement activities.
- Take away three examples of where doing the right thing reduced costs.
In 2015 our organization was honored with Practice Greenhealth’s Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award, which is given to healthcare facilities that exemplify environmental excellence and are setting the highest standards for environmental practices in healthcare.
We also received Practice Greenhealth Circle of Excellence awards for leadership, waste management, energy and climate.
Gundersen is the first known healthcare organization to achieve energy independence, producing more energy than it consumes from fossil fuels.
Gundersen Envison, our environmental program, can help your organization turn theory into action and results. For more information and to schedule a speaker, email email@example.com, call toll-free (855) 669-1653 or log on to gundersenenvision.org.