Going green in 2019
Are you itching to make a change in 2019? Consider becoming an environmentalist by consciously decreasing your carbon footprint. Here are some ways to do so:
- Use reusable grocery bags when you shop. Some markets will even give you a discount for bringing your own bags.
- Try to avoid purchasing new clothes. Instead, find hand-me-downs or shop for secondhand apparel.
- Decrease your meat consumption. Meat packing plants release considerable methane gas into our atmosphere, which contributes to global warming.
- Be a conscious consumer and only purchase household necessities.
- Compost your unwanted food waste instead of throwing it out.
- Conserve water and don’t let it run when you wash food, brush your teeth, wash your hands or clean your dishes.
- Limit your air travel when possible.
- Ask for no straw at local restaurants.
- Buy in bulk to reduce purchasing one-use plastic and packaging (cereal, coffee, beans, rice, pasta, nuts, etc.).
- Go paperless by paying your bills online, sending letters via email, etc.
- Line dry your clothing instead of using energy to dry them in a drier.