At Gundersen, we try to reduce the amount of paper we consume daily by unsubscribing from unwanted junk mail and switching to digital file formats. We ask you to join us this Earth Day in our pursuit. Here are some easy ways to limit how much paper you use at home and, ultimately, pave the way to a paperless lifestyle:
• Paper or plastic? How about neither! Bring a reusable bag when grocery shopping.
• Forget notebooks and use the Notes app on your phone instead.
• Ditch your paper calendar for a reusable dry erase one.
• Pay your bills digitally.
• Unsubscribe from unsolicited mail.
• Use online payment services like Venmo instead of sending checks or money in the mail.
• Compile digital files of your important documents like family members’ medical history, educational accolades, etc.
• Schedule self-audits.
• Save everything to a hard drive.
For more eco-friendly tips and ideas, check out the Envision® blog at gundersenenvision.org. Happy Earth Day!
Earth Day was first celebrated more than 45 years ago, and is still celebrated on April 22nd of each year. Rallies, conferences, outdoor activities and service projects are occurring worldwide today in observance of our planet and its protection. Perhaps you have plans to participate!
At Gundersen, however, Earth Day is more than just a single day.
Being environmental stewards is a system-wide mission for Gundersen. Gundersen has been nationally recognized for their innovative environmental initiatives, and is considered a leader in healthcare sustainability. Improving the health of the communities Gundersen serves is a role taken very seriously, and is a shared responsibility of all employees at Gundersen.
One example of this is Gundersen’s current “Cut the Cup” employee challenge. The goal of the challenge is to bring awareness to the number of disposable cups used at Gundersen, and to encourage employees to reduce their use of throw-away cups. To participate in the challenge, employees must use reusable cups for the beverages they consume at work. Employees are having fun with the challenge by taking creative photos of themselves using their reusable cups, and submitting them to a “show your mug” contest. Every quarter, a prize is awarded to the employee with the most creative “mug shot”! Check out some of the pictures below!
Are you doing anything at your workplace and/or home to support a healthy environment? We want to hear about it! Tell us by using the comment feature below this post.
Happy Earth Day!